The Director and Administration Officer are responsible for taking all enrolments. An appointment will be made for the family to meet with a staff member for a tour of the Centre before enrolment takes place.
For enrolment to be completed parents must bring:
- A copy of any court order or access rights (attached to the enrolment form).
- A copy of Immunisation History Statement and Birth Certificate
On enrolment parents will be:
- given a copy of the Centre’s Parent Information Booklet;
- given an enrolment form to complete;
- informed about the management of the Centre and the policy on Fees;
- shown the communication pocket system;
- shown how to sign their child in and out of the Centre;
- shown the playrooms and the routines;
- informed of what to bring and where to put belongings;
- informed about the Centre’s Nutrition policy;
- informed about the Centre’s Bus policy, if relevant;
- asked about their child’s special dietary/health requirements;
- given a Family Service Plan to complete (staff can assist with this process).
An Orientation Checklist will be completed with the parent. The staff member responsible for taking the enrolment and the parent enrolling the child will sign this document when the enrolment process has been completed.
On enrolment parents will be informed about the two forms of service delivery; Preschool and Long Day Care.
By choosing to access a Long Day Care position, families can utilise the Centre between the hours of 8.00am to 6.00pm. A child can attend for either a full day (8.00am to 6.00 pm) or a half day (8.00am to 1.00pm or 1.00pm to 6.00pm). As the Centre is an approved care service for Child Care Benefit (CCB), parents may claim CCB as reduced fees for these Long Day Care positions. Parents wishing to claim CCB will need to contact the Family Assistance Office (FAO) on 13 61 50.
By choosing to access one of our non-CCB Preschool positions, families can only utilise the Centre between the hours of 8.00 am to 3.30pm. .
An annual $25 Membership and Administration levey also applies to families
The Centre is able to provide casual care and learning for children aged 0 to 12 years of age. A family may use the centre casually for a period of one month. After 4 weeks the position is then considered to be a permanent booking and permanent conditions apply.
Out of Hours School Care and Vacation Care
The Centre is able to provide out of hours school care and vacation care at the centre. The Permanent and casual day booking requirements apply to school aged care.
On enrolment parents will be informed about the Centre’s Cancellation policy.
• On enrolment parents will be informed of the availability of permanent and casual full day and half day care.
• Parents accessing the State funded system will be able to use the centre for the entire year.
• Parents will be informed about the Priority of Access policy.
• Throughout the year ads will be placed in the local paper for enrolments (depending on vacancies).
• In October of each year an ad will be placed in the local paper for enrolments for the following year.